Username:    Password:       Signup |  Forgot Password?
Forums
Swat 3 Reunited :: Forums :: General :: General Chat

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Discord
Moderators: Copy-Cat, thetim, Slippery_Jim, Beckett
Author Post
bounty2k3
Mon Nov 02 2020, 09:27AM
Registered Member #111

Hey guys,

Just a suggestion here. Has anyone set up a discord for Swat 3? Would be nice to get a hold of people a little easier and set up play times a little better.
Beckett
Mon Nov 02 2020, 04:47PM
You see that fueckn saw. We're gonna use it. We don't fueck around in this place.

Registered Member #437

I don't use Discord out of principle. If it isn't selling data to marketers yet, they are certainly collecting data they don't need to be and eventually they will go down that route if they haven't already, since this stuff doesn't run for free.

https://spyware.neocities.org/articles/discord.html

I also firmly believe the internet should not exclusively exist in the confines of a few shitty apps and sites. For me to start using Discord would be contributing to that growing problem and I'm not gonna be a part of that.

Having our own place gives some degree of sovereignty.

[ Edited Mon Nov 02 2020, 04:57PM ]
bounty2k3
Tue Nov 03 2020, 07:10AM
Registered Member #111

I get where you're coming from. Discord, texting and calling are really easiest for me though since I'm on the road a lot and I'd like to get in touch with you guys a bit more often. Just thought it would make it easier.
Copy-Cat
Sun Dec 13 2020, 09:05PM

Registered Member #1

An alternative to discord has been brought to our attention its called TOX. It meets our requirements for such a client. Please look into it. The TS remains online however and is still in use.

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF